- Consult an expert. Speak with your financial consultant to arrange a loan that best suit you and your needs.
- Have an idea about the areas. Just make sure that you keep affordability and your requirements in mind when selecting.
- Do your research. Look into the sales in your preferred areas. You can use the information online or use the Sydney Morning Herald Price Guide & Realestate.com.au. Also inspect every property that grabs your interest and meets your requirements. Just so you have a feel for the price and what the houses in your desired areas are like.
- Get to know your CIA Real Estate Sales Agent. Our agents will be able to offer additional advice and also alert you to new listings that you may be interested in before they reach the media. Getting in first could be the difference to securing the property of your dreams or missing out.
- When you find a property you like act on it. Have your CIA agent send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyance, this can be done email or mail.
- Be sure to inspect the property you are interested in. CIA recommends that you arrange a building and pest inspection just so you can be aware of any major defects or pest such as: white ant, termites, asbestos etc
- Seek advice from your solicitors or conveyances on the sale contract and make an informed decision.
If you thinking about bidding at an auction, we recommend you read the Office of Fair Trading’s Bidder’s Guide: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/pdfs/secondarymenus/publications/ftr31.pdf
Once you win the bid or negotiations have been finalised, you will need to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit which will be held in trust in an interest bearing account until settlement has been made.
Remember, if you have settlement on the same day. We recommended that you request a pre-settlement inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that all the inclusions are as per the contract you signed and that you are satisfied with the purchase.